Monday, October 17, 2011

Poor Man's Beef Stroganoff

Quick!  I have 5 minutes to write this before my next batch of the best ever Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are coming out of the oven!


I want to know - what is YOUR go to recipe if you are in a quick jam to get some supper on the table?  This "recipe" was given to me when I was first married and I invited my aunt to hang out at our house in between work and her next activity.  I didn't have any plans for supper so she said that as long as she didn't have to move from the couch and make it, she would tell me what to make - and it was a hit!  I've made this as a meal to drop off at people's houses, and given the recipe to friends with the instructions "it looks disgusting, but tastes so good!"  And they agree afterwards!


Ready for this?  I call it...


Poor Man's Beef Stroganoff


- Brown 1 lb of ground beef
- Add 1 can of mushroom soup (no water) to the cooked brown beef & mix
- Boil a pot of water and cook a bunch of broad egg noodles.
- Add salt & pepper, the cooked egg noodles and a bunch of frozen peas (or in my case, corn, because I think peas are disgusting).


Wha-bam!  Dinner is served.  Cheap and easy.


And my cookie timer went.  So easy, it took less than 5 minutes to type!  Try it out!


See my fantastic web-cam picture?  I'm too lazy to upload from a real camera.  I didn't add peas/corn this time and boiled peas separately as having food not mixed together seems to better my odds in having the kids eat it - and it worked!  They asked for seconds of boiled peas!

1 comment:

  1. Yum - never thought to use egg noodles - I'll do that next time!

    ReplyDelete